davetheanalyzer: (Default)
[personal profile] davetheanalyzer

After a delay due to her getting sick, my older brother and I anticipated meeting our new person to help us find a new job last week, only for her to cancel because she was still sick or sick again. Fortunately, we’ll meet her this Friday. Hopefully there won’t be any other delays. I missed a few more days of writing but I believe I’ll make them up soon enough. Starting tomorrow, I’ll only make-up for mssed writing days by doubling every Wednesday, with writing double for Tuesdays being only once a month.

I saw The Bad Guys 2. The reviews said it was just as good as the first movie and I went to see it. It was indeed good. The beginning comically goes over the difficulty of the former Bad Guys finding a place in society who still remember their crimes. I don’t know if it was intentional but it does show how felons who do their time struggle to find jobs to fit in. It was amusing how they tried to clear their name by helping Commander Luggins solve some thefts and both annoying and getting her trust. Mr. Snake acts strangely friendlier to his buddies, almost like a lovestruck hippie. They follow him to a luchador match, which Piranha and Shark are endearingly excited about. This group seems to enjoy thrill seeking and kind of miss it. I can see why the Bad Guys recoil from how lovey dovey Mr. Snake and Doom are with each other. Some fans are upset with this development due to his chemistry with Mr. Wolf and how this new romance changes his personality. I don’t see the same issue with Diane, since Mr. Wolf keeps his personality with her and they have great chemistry. The luchador fight was fun and so was the escape as the Bad Guys are framed.

Mr. Wolf wisely calls Diane and tells her it’s a misunderstanding and she goes to Dr. Marmalade’s prison for information. The Bad Girls have pretty cool designs, with Pigtail a big wide girl who’s rather sweet and the tall muscular Kitty Kat. I did relate to her red lollypop speech not knowing if they’re cherry or strawberry, since I love red sweets. The group steals the watch to activate a rich person’s private rocket, which includes a lot of hijinks and backtracking. A hint of Kitty’s temper is shown when she corners Mr. Wolf after initially failing to get the watch. She can be quite ruthless. I did like how after success they celebrated and hung out. Mr. Snake is a freak because despite the betrayals and lies, he only finds Doom hotter. Mr. Wolf and Kitty’s talk was nice about fitting in and being remembered. Marmalaude being muscular was amusing and so was his game of making Diane play Connect 4 to gain information. Kitty is ruthless in tying the Bad Guys up for the police, forcing them to either be arrested or have identity as the Crimson Paw be revealed. Kitty’s colleagues don’t seem to have a problem with that. I did like that despite being tranquilized, Diane managed to climb into the rocket.

 

I also liked Commissioner Luggins was persuaded to believe the Bad Guys and helped them get on the rocket. Wasn’t a fan of the fart antics (I find them too gross). Actually endangering lives leads Pigtail and Doom to question Kitty and turn against her quietly. Doom realizes she does like Snake. Though Diane was horrified at the leak of her past, she did appear to get over that the life she worked toward as governor was over. I wish there was a bit more where she took in this loss. Her kicking Kitty’s butt was good. The cut to the fake funeral was humorous. Now like the books, the Bad Guys will be spies fighting evil. Hopefully they won’t be used for evil espionage. I did find it interesting that in Mr. Wolf’s talk with Kitty in the climax and the narration, he seemed to hint she might turn around eventually. Pigtail and Doom are doing community service and might join the Bad Guys too. I wish the Bad Guys’ kitten got brought to them at the end, since it seems forgotten after being seen briefly in their apartment. Will Commissioner Luggins with them? At any rate, I recommend this film to all interested.

That’s it for now. Free Palestine and the hostages on all sides. May Trump and his ilk fail utterly. Until the end of Halloween month, see you!

August 2026

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30 31     

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 13th, 2026 11:42 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios